Raba Kistner Infrastructure, Inc.’s (RKI) Right-of-Way (ROW) Services Team can help a project’s Owner or Developer manage the ROW corridor from beginning to end. We are experienced with the complicated ROW acquisition process for Public Private Partnerships and Design/Build projects, as well as other large transportation and transmission line projects. Our ROW services are fully integrated and clients can engage us for any phase of the ROW process, or we can complete the entire process of providing a project corridor ready for construction. This will be achieved through our four service lines under the ROW umbrella:
- Survey the new ROW and adjacent parcels
- Survey, analyze, and resolve the existing ROW
- Verify existing utilities and encumbrances
- Create a parcel plat and legal description for each parcel to be acquired
- Create a comprehensive ROW map of the project and adjacent lands
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
- Provide ROW cost estimates
- Perform value engineering with the design team
- Prioritize acquisitions according to utility conflicts and construction sequencing
- Manage the independent real estate fee appraisers to determine parcel values
- Make offers and negotiate settlements with property owners and their attorneys
- Prepare and file Eminent Domain packages for condemnation
- Provide relocation assistance per the Federal Uniform Act for project displacees
- Manage assets of acquired parcels
- Determine utility conflicts using SUE and record plans analysis
- Assemble utility adjustment packages
- Coordinate the relocation of utilities
- Locate and verify existing utilities using SUE Levels “A” through “D”
- Certify the ROW clearance for construction
Quality Management. Our ROW Services are complemented by our in-house Quality Management System which provides the framework by which these services are performed. This then translates to greater accuracy and efficiency in the delivery of our ROW Services. RKI’s Quality Management System is recognized by transportation clients in our markets as being the preferred system for their projects.
Raba Kistner Infrastructure project managers have the track record and experience to plan these services so that client schedules will be met. We plan for success but are prepared for any difficult issue.
Each project is carefully assessed and completed by knowledgeable professionals. After carefully assessing the project, we can work with the GEC and make recommendations to reduce displacee relocations, utility relocations and unnecessary land acquisitions.
We work closely with our clients to achieve their satisfaction. Clients are kept informed and connected during the entire ROW process.